Crane’s Adorable Humidifiers
Humidifiers are appliances intended to increase the humidity levels in a room and are commonly used when babies or children have a cold because they work to relieve congestion, especially while sleeping. Humidifiers also alleviate the physical discomforts of dry noses and throats by keeping airways moist and mucous thin.
We are into the double digits with the amount of colds we’ve had since September, and our old humidifier (circa 1981) was ineffective, spouted water like a fountain, and the resulting humidity levels were so high that it more or less helped us to grow our own mushrooms in our children’s bedrooms. Not only that, but my three year old son, Oliver, was not a fan of our prehistoric model, often telling us that the noise level and look of the machine frightened him. I was so happy when Crane agreed to send me one of their Adorable Animals Cool Mist Humidifers to try out!
Here are the features I love the most about Crane’s Adorable Animals Humidifiers:
- Both of my kids love the frog shape (above) of the Crane humidifier. Oliver especially thinks it’s really funny that the mist of this particular model comes out above the frog’s eyes. The company’s Adorable Animals line also includes elephant, cow, pig, penguin, panda, cat, dog, and dragon models, so you’ll be sure to find one that excites your child (below).
- These humidifiers turn themselves off when the tank is empty! This, as you can imagine, is a huge step forward from our 1981 model, which continued to blow air and make sounds like a dying cow long after the water tank had emptied midway through the night. Dying cow sounds are not conducive to a happy toddler.
- Speaking of making sounds like a dying cow, this is not even remotely an issue with our new Crane humidifier. The first time I used the frog unit in Charlotte’s room during her bout with a particularly bad cold, I could not get over how quiet it was. I still can’t, actually. And because it’s ‘whisper quiet’, I know that it won’t keep my sick children awake all night while it’s running.
- The tank doesn’t require refilling during the night, and on the minimum setting you can get about 11 hours of use out of the humidifier before it empties.
- You can control the intensity level of mist produced by these humidifiers. Crane recommends that humidity levels in a room be kept at about 30-50% of relative humidity, so the flexibility of being able to adjust the mist setting allows you to prevent damage from condensation that may build up on your windowsills. Not only that, but making sure the humidity levels are kept at ideal levels keeps bacteria and fungi from growing.
Crane’s Adorable Animals frog humidifier really does help alleviate the discomforts of my children’s colds. As I’m sure you know, there is nothing worse than a sick baby or toddler with a runny nose and a sore throat. Lots of rest and quality sleep helps them get better faster, and a humidifier paves the way to a speedy recovery for my family ….
Should you purchase an Adorable Animals humidifier, be sure to teach your children that, while cute, they are not toys and read the use and care instructions for the disinfecting of the tank and water basin to prevent the buildup of bacteria and mold.
Purchase a Crane Adorable Animals Humidifier from these retailers from $59.99 CAD.
Crane is generously giving away one of their Adorable Animal Cool Mist Humidifiers to one lucky Spilt Milk Moms reader! Thanks Crane!
To Enter: Go to Crane’s website and then leave us a comment HERE (one per day only, please) telling us which of theAdorable Animal Humidifiers you think your child(ren) would like best. Once you’ve entered by leaving this mandatory comment, you can gain additional entries like this:
- Follow @CraneHumidifier and @SpiltMilkMoms on Twitter and tweet ” Enter to #WIN an Adorable Animal Humidifier@CraneHumidifier for your child! http://tinyurl.com/4g3dhsf @SpiltMilkMoms #giveaway #contest “ and leave us the link for extra DAILY entries.
- If you ‘Like’ Crane on Facebook, leave us a comment letting us know for one extra entry.
- If you ‘Like’ Spilt Milk Moms on Facebook, leave us a comment letting us know for one extra entry.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog and leave us a comment with the link for one extra entry.
- Subscribe to Spilt Milk Moms by RSS or Email Subscription and leave us a comment letting us know for one extra entry.
This giveaway ends at 12:01am PST on Tuesday, January 25th, and the winner will be selected using Random.org. The winner will have 7 days to respond to our notification email before another winner is selected. This giveaway is open to Canadian residents only.